Friday 23 July 2021

Diamond Legacies: Part 13

------------ ------------ ------------

New York City, August 2226

------------ ------------ ------------

Eden Balev

------------ ------------ ------------

Lara really didn’t like the family her brother was marrying into. After the engagement announcement I hadn’t had a break in months from Lara’s incessant need to talk about what was happening in her brother’s life. Lara was close to her brother; they had experienced an upbringing that naturally meant they leant on each other for everything. They had been raised by a single mother in one of the most expensive cities in the world to live and had worked for everything their entire lives. Lara’s brother had met Tessa Disney in a coffee shop of all places and the pair began dating soon after. I had heard the occasional update of her brothers love life over the years, but it was more than just an update now. I felt like I could write a book with all the drama Lara fed to me every day. Tessa’s family didn’t approve of Danny or his family and were now forcing her to relinquish her inheritance and sign prenups because she was ‘marrying down’. Which in the end was ironic because the Disney family insisted on paying for her entire wedding and they’d be having it at the Disney family estate. Lara spent two hours ranting one night about how it was all just a show and the Disney family were only doing it so the press didn’t think they were abandoning their daughter which is exactly what they planned to do after she was married. I would sit and nod and interject when I thought she needed a break from talking, but mostly I was just trying to be a supportive friend. I liked Danny the few times id met him, and Lara openly admitted to liking Tessa, so to me, as long as they were happy, I wasn’t sure why it all mattered.

Lara dragged me to their engagement party just two weeks after their announcement and I went to support my best friend. I knew if I hadn’t been there, she probably would have been miserable the whole time. It was my first-time meeting Tessa and the Disney family. It was interesting from my perspective to see how other people treat the money I was so used to growing up. Everywhere I looked were designer clothes, jewellery, accessories. It reminded me of when my aunt Alice would visit when I was a child and have little fashion shows with me and Nova. I hated every second of it, but Nova loved it and I idolised my aunt so I let her do just about anything. I had no idea at five years old I was being dressed in thousands of dollars’ worth of clothes for fun. Alice had started her own clothing line around that time, she used us as little models as much as she could and now had several successful high end designer shops in all the major cities in the world.

From what I had deduced from the engagement party, Tessa had a sister and a brother. The other sister seemed to be distant at the party, Lara had explained that she was the quiet shy one no one ever really saw. The brother on the other hand, Lara was full of distain for. I hadn’t met him, but I had seen him patrolling the party as if he was in charge of security.

“He just has to make sure everything is going his way.” She scowled as she gave a death glare to the back of the brother’s head. “Nicholas Disney is everything wrong with the world” she tutted as she sipped on her drink. She said his name with disgust.

“What did he do?” I asked curiously.

“he’s just an ass” she commented but I saw the way her aura flickered, it was with dislike, sure but there was a hint of jealousy there.

“He just seems like he’s making sure everything goes smoothly” I commented but I hadn’t seen him close enough to see his own aura yet. I knew Lara was sometimes quick to make judgements on people, so I was very interested in seeing exactly the kind of person he was.

“He likes to be in control, he’s the heir to the empire. He is a pompous ass that refuses to let anyone shorten his name. If anyone calls him anything other than Nicholas, he’ll show his true colours. He is the one that said Tessa can’t have her inheritance after the wedding, him and his father, who he worships.” Lara commented with a scoff.

Now William Disney was someone I had been close enough to see his aura. He was the executive chair of the Disney franchise and I struggled to find one redeeming trait in the mess of his essence. He had greeted us as we entered the party with barely a nod of acknowledgement, there was a huff when Lara introduced herself as Danny’s sister and he quickly turned to move onto the next guest.

Nicholas however, I hadn’t got to see yet, so I was holding off on my judgement, no matter what Lara said.

“don’t judge a book by its cover Lara” I teased her, but she scowled.

“I don’t need to read the book when everyone around me is telling me the plot. Nicholas Disney is a bad guy, Eden. He sleeps with women and tosses them aside; he thinks everyone is beneath him and all he cares about is money. He is everything wrong with the 1% and you’d be an idiot to think otherwise.” She said in her regular opinionated self although i had a feeling he may have hurt her or someone she knew in the past. I didn't want to ask her about it in our current company.

“Well, I’m not saying you’re wrong Lara, I’m just saying sometimes people aren’t what they seem. And not all the 1% bad” I said but I already knew I needed to drop this subject. I couldn’t begin to explain to her why I knew that there were rich people out there that were good.

“Whatever, the guy is a worm, and I can’t wait to never see him again. He is always looking down on me.”

“So, you’ve met him a few times then?” I pryed

“he’s been at some of my brothers’ social gatherings yeah, Danny likes him in short doses. I don’t know why; the guy is slimy” she scrunched her face up in disgust and shivered before downing the rest of her drink. “I’m getting more alcohol” she said and walked away. I shook my head slightly as I watched her walk away. She was intercepted by Nicholas on his patrol around the room and she just childishly pulled her tongue out at him. I saw him smirk at her as she walked away. She didn’t see it, but I had. It was like what ever he had said to her was to get the reaction she had given him. He was teasing her, clearly.

I didn’t get a chance to meet Nicholas that night but by the end of it, I was beginning to get the picture that the reason Lara didn’t like him was because she was a little bit upset that he hadn’t chosen her to be one of his conquests. I knew he was good looking, but I wasn’t sure why she was signing herself up to get hurt if she knew he was such a player.

It didn’t matter anyway, in just three months from the engagement party, her brother and Tessa would be married and she'd never have to see Nicholas Disney again. Or so that’s what we both thought.

The three-month engagement was curiously short and by the time it rolled around it coincided with a commercial shot that Lara and I were doing for the studio. It was a yearly short film that the company did to advertise the studio and this year Lara, and I had been chosen as the soloists to feature in the film with our male dance partners. It meant we had weeks of rehearsal and then another week of filming, right when preparations were starting for the next show. We had a lot going on, so the wedding being thrown in there wasn’t ideal. I wasn’t invited but Lara had been made bridesmaid, something she wasn’t happy about at all but was going along with it for Danny and Tessa’s sake.

To make matters worse, we had a regular visitor to the rehearsals for the commercial.

The first day of practice we were introduced one of the company’s largest benefactors and the person funding this years commercial. Nicholas Disney.

I knew I had seen the Disney name somewhere in the building, but I had no idea they actually funded part of the company.

I heard Lara tut beside me as he was shown around the studio and introduced to the coaches and director. Lara and I stood there, Noah, my dance partner was to my left and Adam, Lara’s partner to her right. We were front and centre with some of the ‘corps de ballet’ ballerinas behind us. They were the group of dancers you often saw dancing in synchronisation behind the soloists and principles in a ballet. Everyone started in the corps de ballet until they worked their way up the levels of hierarchy in the company. I had made soloist three years ago; Lara was promoted earlier this year.

“And for our stars, Eden Balev, Noah Proudmoore, Alara Carlos and Adam Jones.” The director introduced us calling across the room with a motion of his hand. Nicholas gave a swift nod from across the room and turned back to the director.

“of course, he won’t even make the time to meet us” Lara muttered under her breath. Only she didn’t know that I could hear the conversation across the room they were having.

He was apologising that he had just had an important phone call and had to get back to the office, but he turned up anyway because he didn’t want to give the wrong impression. He promised he would visit again during the rehearsals and was looking forward to seeing the final product. The director thanked him, and Nicholas apologised, again, before he left.

“unbelievable” Lara scoffed as she took the hand of Adam and led him over to the barre for a warmup.

“he’s obviously a busy man” Noah said from my side.

“I agree.” I said with a small smile, and we moved over to warm up ourselves. Noah was, well he was my sunshine. He never failed to lighten up my day. Whilst I loved Lara, Noah was my best friend at the studio. We occasionally hung out outside but not often, it was just one of those work relationships where you got on so well when you had a job to do. We danced so well together, and he listened to my rants and my thoughts better than anyone else. Except maybe my grandmother Esme, but I didn’t get to see her as often for obvious reasons. He was less judgemental than Lara was, and I was never afraid he was trying to get into my tights as he was more interested in men than I was frankly. 

We had barely an hour left of rehearsal when Lara stormed out of the studio in a gasp of tears. I had been in the conjoined studio practicing with Noah when I saw her through the glass windows separating the rooms.

“What just happened?” Noah asked and I shrugged as I ran after her down the hall. She slammed the door to one of the dressing rooms and I entered to find her slumped on the couch.

“Lara?” I asked cautiously.

“Rehearsal was over for us; I didn’t storm out in a fit of rage if that’s what you think happened.” She explained as she began to untie the ribbons on her shoes.

“It certainly looked like it, what’s wrong?” I asked it had looked like everything was going well from my side of the glass.

“Adam ditched on me; he can’t be my date for the wedding tomorrow.” She sighed. “Who am I going to get on such short notice?” she asked.

“You can’t go alone?” I asked but I knew this was a stupid question.

“Eden” she moaned my name in desperation and I smiled as I sat next to her. There was a moment of silence. “Will you be my date?” she asked with a grin as she came up with what she thought was a clever idea. “I mean you’ve already been my date to the engagement party. No one would blink an eye if you came to the actual wedding.” She said hopeful.

“I have nothing to wear.” I mumbled but I hated the thought of letting her down.

“I’m sure we can go shopping in the morning after rehearsals. We’ll find something” she said hopeful reaching to take my hands in hers. “Please Eden,” she begged me.

I was sure if I gave my aunt a call, she could sort me a dress out overnight. maybe I could go with her, just to keep her sane and i never said no to a party. It was a brilliant way to observe people and i found that far more entertaining than i cared to admit. She didn’t seem to care what people would think about us going together and neither did I honestly.

“I’ll call my aunt. Ill see if she can get me a dress. I can’t go to a wedding at the Disney’s in a Walmart special” I said, and she lit up with a smile as she hugged me in thanks.

The next day our rehearsals were early, 5am early. Which worked out because it was a half day, and the wedding was at three. I had phoned Alice as soon as I got home, and she had informed me she’d have the perfect dress waiting for me at her New York City store in Manhattan. I thanked her endlessly and went to bed to try and rest before the long day I had tomorrow.

We danced for six hours that morning and the last hour Nicholas Disney appeared to watch the rehearsal. I saw Lara’s look of indifference as he entered and went over to sit on one of the benches in the corner. It was like he wasn’t even there and i had almost forgotten about him until the end when Noah and I were up to dance.

“Boss man is watching you” Noah whispered into my ear as we performed our pas de deux, a dance that only included us two.

“Well duh, we’re the only one’s dancing” I replied as he finished spinning me in the centre. It was part of the dance where I did a back bend to face the audience with my arms like a swan and my eyes caught his in the corner. His facial expression was unreadable upside down. Noah pulled me back up to face him and we began the next move.

“No but actually, he hasn’t stopped staring at you the whole hour” he whispered right as we finished our duet. The director erupted into applause.

“Beautiful and after only 1 day of rehearsal, bravo my little swans, bravo!” the director exclaimed and many of the other coaches and crew were nodding in agreement. “We shall call it early there, well done everyone enjoy your weekend. I look forward to Monday” he called, and everyone left in a whisper of conversation.

As Lara and I rushed to head to the dressing room we unintentionally bumped into someone in the hallway talking to the director. Of course, it had to be Nicholas.

“Sorry!” I gasped, Lara said nothing.

“that’s okay Odette” he said, he emphasised every word and smirked at me in response to the nickname. I don’t know how he made the name of a swan so sensual, but he did. I was sure if I was human, I would have blushed. I ignored him and pushed Lara into the dressing room before she had a chance to talk back to him.

“he’s so sickly charming, isn’t he?” she said as we dressed as quickly as we could. I had to get to my aunt’s store within the hour before the staff went on lunch.

“Is he?” I asked, that was my first encounter with him. If anything, I had been fixated on his eyes than anything else. They were a shade of green I had never seen before. But then again, gold and the occasional blue or brown were the only eyes I ever really saw growing up.

We both got a shower at the studio to save time and continued to move as efficiently as we could. We had to get the train further into Manhattan to my aunt’s store. On the way-out Lara took off running across the parking lot with barely any awareness at all. I ran after her right as a silver Aston Martin sped around the corner and dodged us with ease. Lara turned to glare at the driver, and I followed her gaze to see Nicholas laughing as he continued out of the carpark.

“he’s infuriating!” Lara exclaimed as we kept jogging out of the parking lot.

“He couldn’t have hit us, the safety system swerved around us.” I told her not sure why she was angry. She huffed rather than agree that I was right, and we carried on walking at a fast pace down the street.

Luckily the mention of Nicholas wasn’t brought up again as we made our way into the centre of the city. I had told Lara that my aunt was the assistant to a famous designer, and she had managed to reserve a dress for me to use at her boss’s store. She took this easily and didn’t question it so I was hoping I wouldn’t have to prove my identity to the store owner, or it could get messy.

We walked down the street chatting about the wedding and the terrible dress that Lara had to wear. She hated it but kept telling me she was only doing it because she loved her brother. We stopped outside the store titled ‘Mary Alice’ and Lara stared at the dress on the mannequin in the window.

“Mary Alice? Your aunt reserved you a dress at Mary Alice?” Lara asked me as we reached the door. She was in disbelief. I had expected this, but I reiterated my backup story.

“I told you she’s high up in the fashion world. She is Alice Cullen’s assistant.” I told her and Lara almost squealed.

“How have I known you for years and you’ve never told me that!” She jumped next to me as I reached for the door of the shop.

“Good morning, can I help you?” the manager of the shop greeted us immediately and she looked me and Lara up and down instantly. You wouldn’t expect to see two young girls like us in a Mary Alice store. Young girls like us couldn’t afford my aunts clothes. Only heiresses and famous people wore Mary Alice. I would have chosen something different if I had more time to prepare, but Lara throwing this on me last minute kind of ruined any plan to sneak around.

“My name is Eden, my aunt called ahead to place a dress on hold for me” I said as Lara peeled off to walk over to the dresses on display in the store.

“of course, Eden, yes” the manager said with sudden realisation, her disapproving scowl turned into a delightful smile. So, she knew who I was. “I will be right back with your dress. Please make yourselves comfortable.” She said and disappeared. Lara turned to look at me, her eyes wide and a smile on her face as she looked around the store.

‘Oh my god’ she mouthed at me as she turned away. I smiled at her as she continued to look around. The manager came back with a white dress bag.

“The changing rooms are through there, your aunt said it should be the right size, but I can do some last-minute adjustments if you need.” The lady said handing me the bag.

“thanks” I said and eyed Lara to come follow me.

“When I die, this will be my heaven” Lara said as I stripped out of my clothes to try the dress on. I was glad id taken a shower before we left the studio. Putting on one of my aunt’s dresses was almost sacred.

“I didn’t know you were a Mary Alice fan” I said as I pulled on the soft silk.

“I mean, I never expected to ever step foot in one of these stores let alone be touching distance of a dress, but sure. I’ve admired Alice Cullen my entire life. Ever since my mom taught me how to sew my own dresses as a child.” Lara said with a beaming smile on her face at my dress. I felt regret in that moment I hadn’t told her sooner about my connection to Alice. Lara had come from nothing; her mother had given up everything so Lara could follow her dream of being a dancer. Lara was the opposite of me, born into no money, with only her mother and her older brother in the city. I had everything growing up, I had been handed everything I wanted on a silver platter no matter the cost. My aunt was Alice Cullen for Christ’s sake. I smiled at her as she came to help me zip the back of the dress up.

“Holy shit. Your aunt knows you well” Lara said as we both stared into the mirror before me. The dress was beautiful.  “it’s like it was made for you” she gasped. It probably was. I just couldn’t tell her that. It was pale blue, a white silk belt wrapped around my waist to make it look smaller than it was. There were no sleeves, and the dress was long around my ankles. It was simple but it was beautiful.

“We should go, we only have a few hours.” I said and grabbed my things into my bag.

“Ugh yeah I have to go put a crappy pink thing on” Lara sighed as we left the dressing room.

“You look beautiful” the manager said as we went back to the shop floor.

“Thank you for this” I said and reached for my purse.

“Your aunt told me not to charge you Ms Cullen.” She said and my heart sunk.

“Ms what?” Lara asked suddenly.

“thanks” I said to the manager and grabbed my best friends’ hand and dragged her out the store. I would have normally made a fuss and demanded I paid for it. I didn’t like taking advantage of the Cullen charity, but I had to get out of there. i was also not 100% sure i could afford it on my ballerina salary to be honest.

“What did she just call you?” Lara asked and I pulled her down the street.

“It was a mistake” I said and held my hand up for a taxi.

“No, no, that wasn’t a mistake. Eden.” Lara said turning to face me. “Eden CULLEN?” she asked. “But your name is Eden Balev.” She said in wonder.

“It is. That is my name yes. I am Eden Balev.” I said with surety. It was the name I chose for myself. It was the name I wanted to go by. For this very reason. People heard Cullen, they thought of two things. Cullen hospitals. Or in Lara’s case. Alice Cullen.

“Why did she call you Cullen?” she asked in shock as we clambered into the taxi. I gave the driver our home address and I sat, my heart beating fast in my chest.

Just tell her Eden. Nova’s voice echoed through my head. When had I left the room in our head that protected my thoughts? Was it in the stress of hearing my birth name slip up? I was normally very good at staying separate from my sister. But since she was there, I decided to use her as a sounding board for my current and very real problem I was going to have to face when we got home.

It will tear down everything I’ve fought so hard to build. I responded and Lara was still talking to me, trying to get me to answer her questions.

You’ve been friends with her for years. You know she can be trusted. Stop hiding from who you are.

I hated my sister was right. I knew who Lara was as a person, her aura was good, she had a tough girl exterior and was opinionated on a lot of things but she would also never hurt a fly. I turned to Lara who was getting angrier that I was ignoring her. She would understand right? If I just explained to her why. I knew how she felt about the 1% but maybe if she knew my parentage, the good the Cullen’s did with their wealth she wouldn’t hate me like she hated Nicholas Disney.

When we got back to our apartment Lara blew up what she had been holding in.

“Eden talk to me!” she yelled as I closed the door. I threw my dance bag down and headed into my room to start doing my hair.

“You need to do your hair, or you won’t be ready in time” I instructed her, but she wasn’t listening.

“I knew you were secretly rich, but I just thought your parents were really good at their job. You told me they were both doctors you didn’t tell me they were Cullen doctors. You’re an heiress!” she yelled at me.

“Lara. I’m sorry. I never lied to you. I just didn’t tell you everything. Being a Cullen, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. I haven’t been able to make a real friend my whole life. I’ve been pressured to live up to a name that carries more weight than you can imagine. I’ve been told every day of my life how special and unique I am. It was crushing. When I was finally set free, and I got to follow my dream, I changed my name to my mother’s surname. A name I could hide behind. You can’t begin to understand what it’s like to be a Cullen. To meet someone new and for them to immediately ask how I’m related to Carlisle. Please don’t take it personal. It wasn’t about you. It was about me being free from it.” I explained as best I could as I shoved a hairbrush in her hand.

“But you’re rich. More than rich. You probably don’t even know what money is. Why would you want to escape that?” she asked her voice had softened now she wasn’t angry anymore.

“Money doesn’t buy happiness Lara. It can cause more problems than good. Money doesn’t buy a ballet career; it doesn’t buy real friends. I got those all by myself.” I said and gave her a small smile.

“You heard me complain about the Disney family and rich people for years. You know exactly how I feel about spoilt rich kids” she said, and it sounded like she was regretful of every word.

“And that’s why I love you” I answered her back. “I just hope you can forgive me and understand why I didn’t tell you this. I just want to be normal; I don’t often use the influences it gives me, it’s just when you said you wanted me to come, I couldn’t rock up to a Disney wedding with a dress from the high street” I explained, and she immediately hugged me.

“I want you to know that you are none of the things I said about rich people, I’m sorry. I wish you’d trusted me earlier, but I also understand why you were reluctant to tell me…. My best friend is an heiress. Holy shit.” She said with a laugh, but I pulled away.

“Please,” I said, and emotion hit me at the thought of how this might change our friendship. “I’m still Eden Balev. I’m still the same girl I’ve been the past. I don’t want things to change” I said, and she seemed to shake herself out of her shock.

“Eden” she said “you’re my best friend. Money or a name doesn’t change that. I didn’t care when I thought you were as poor as me, I didn’t care when I realised you were a little more well off than you were letting on, and I don’t care now I know you’re a gazillionaire.” She said and I smiled softly.

“Thank you” I sighed.

See. Nova said in my head, but I ignored my sister’s know-it-all tone.

“So, your aunt isn’t Alice Cullen’s assistant, is she?” Lara asked with a smirk. I chucked and wiped away my tear.

“No, she IS my aunt” I smirked back.

“Oh. My. God” she sighed and sat back on the chair.

“I’ll introduce you one day” I smiled at her as I began to sort my hair out.

“Would you? I mean I don’t expect to. I don’t want you to think I’m using our friendship to meet your famous relatives or anything” she sighed as she began to do the same to her own hair.

“she’ll be delighted to meet you. anyone that talks fashion with her she enjoys” I said as we continued to get ready. We spoke mostly about my aunt for the hour it took us to finish getting ready. Lara didn’t ask a single thing about Carlisle or how I was related to him, and I was grateful. All she cared about was Alice. I could take that. I could talk about my aunt all day if it kept her off my parents and grandparents.

I realised as we were talking how much regret and worry Lara was feeling with the realisation. She hadn’t meant to hurt me in any way when she complained about the Disney family, and I knew that. She was a good person that was fiercely loyal and protective of those she loved, and she only wanted her brother to be happy. It was something I admired about her, and she often reminded me a lot of Nova with her personality traits.

The time went by faster than I imagined and before I knew it a limousine had pulled up outside to collect us.

“Jesus” Lara gasped as we made our way over to the car where the chauffeur was holding the door open for us. We thanked him and climbed in.

“I guess you’re used to this kind of treatment” she laughed as we made ourselves comfortable inside.

“I have never been in a limousine in my life. This is new for me too” I admitted to her looking around the inside of the car.

“Seriously?” she asked as if she didn’t believe me.

“I’m not going to lie to you anymore Lara, I promise. I was raised a little more conservative than this. My parents didn't throw around their money and I didn’t rock up to school in a limousine.” I rolled my eyes at her.

“What did you rock up to school in?” she asked curiously. I decided to play a joke on her curiosity.

“An Aston Martin, or a Ferrari I was never sure the difference” I said with a shrug then turned to laugh at her facial expression.

“Oh, you’re kidding” she realised and grinned back.

“It was a bulletproof range rover for 99% of my childhood. I never got the luxury of this” I said truthfully, patting my hands on the seat.

“I have a feeling you’re going to fit right in at this wedding” she joked, and I rolled my eyes at her.

“it’s not who I am anymore” I said, and I saw her smile drop and her facial expression was thoughtful.

“I realise that. I really do.” She said and I saw the guilt expand in her aura again.

“Forget about it, let’s enjoy the wedding, well enjoy as much of it as we can” I said, and she smiled back at me.

We arrived and went our separate ways as Lara went to find the bridal party. I made my way into the grand ball room where they were serving drinks for the guests and then out to the back garden where the altar and seating was set up.

“Bride or groom?” the words came from behind me, and I felt a flutter in my lower stomach at the sound of his voice. I turned around to see him standing behind me, he was a good thirty centimetres taller than me. He was wearing a grey tux with a white chiffon tie. I was close enough to smell his scent and it was coated in cologne. I recognised the cologne as Clive Christian, one of the most expensive perfumes in the world.

“groom” I informed him, but he already knew that.

“This way Ms Balev” he said showing me to my seat and the fact he remembered my name from the ballet rehearsals had definitely peaked my curiosity about this man. As I waited, I was aware that I knew no one here other than Lara and Danny so I sat politely, and people watched the guests as they arrived. I could immediately tell who came from money and who didn’t. It was shallow of me to judge but this was a collision of two different cultures. The best part was though they were all talking and mingling and there was no segregation of the rich or poor. Everyone here was just happy for the couple about to get married. It warmed my heart to see.  I hoped that Lara had been wrong, and Tessa and Danny could still be a part of both their families because it didn’t seem to me like either family were hating the situation right now. My eyes passively fell to Nicholas often as he showed many of the guests to their seats. As the hour progressed and the few times he was close enough to me I began to watch his aura, to see if the spoilt playboy personality was his true essence or a mask he wore because he had been bred into it. Lara had been pretty convinced it was who he was but the more I watched him, the harder it was to find any of the negative traits Lara was adamant he possessed. But i was no expert in the art of reading peoples auras. That expert would be my father. I needed time and proximity to really get to know a person so i wasn't completely convinced she was wrong just yet. There was a complexity to him i knew i would have to decipher. 

As everyone settled and the groom stood waiting at the head of the aisle for his bride, I found myself watching him again. He was sitting in the front row across the garden from me and out of range of my ability. The music started and the bridesmaids began to walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of Clair de lune. I watched Lara walk the whole distance of the aisle only to catch the eye of Nicholas at the front. He was watching me, the same facial expression as he had at the studio earlier that day.

I still couldn’t place it, but I had a feeling that Nicholas Disney was as curious about me as I was about him.

3 comments:

  1. Nikkiiii!!!!...I am in love with this plot. I really hope there is a bad boy-good girl romance here coz this is gonna be so much fun when Micah and Carlisle meet Nicholas😂🤣🤣 I mean...good meets naughty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D spoooillers but yes, its exactly what you think haha. i have to admit i enjoyed writing Eden's plot more than Nova's but they do overlap later.

      Delete
  2. Nicholas sounds like he’s going to be very interesting! Can’t wait to see what comes!

    ReplyDelete