Saturday 9 August 2014

Forever After PREVIEW

I thought since I haven't updated in a while I'd preview an upcoming chapter. It's a memory in chapter 55 however its kind of current time.
It's of Lidiya, Anelie and Esther going to Italy with Connie.
Hopefully it will hold you off until I actually get to update :P




Matthew Cullen



The second Lidiya walked through the door I was there to greet her. Ariella was hovering at my side but I didn’t care. I pulled her into my arms and my long cloak wrapped around her, she sighed in content as I held her and I couldn’t stop kissing her hair, her forehead, her face. She giggled in response and brought her lips up to mine. I heard someone move behind me and as Lidiya and I pulled away I realised Ariella had gone.  Perhaps I should have told her before now but at the same time I didn’t know why it mattered. I looked up from Lidiya to see Esther carrying a limp girl in her arms like a cradle. It was almost endearing but I knew Esther had no love for the girl in her arms.
“Let’s get this over with” I told her, keeping Lidiya in my arms and leading her through the Volturi Mansion. I saw Esther looking around as we made our way through.
“It’s a lot brighter than the old one” she laughed.
“I can’t stand the one in Volterra. It was born out of greed and cruelty. My Volturi is very different” I explained.
“I can see that” she replied as we reached the throne room. My guard were already lining the walls and they knew things were different. I never walked in with the accused, ever. I brought Lidiya up with me onto the stage. She was reluctant at first but I kissed her hand and told her to sit down on my throne chair. She did as I asked and stayed there. Guard members were looking at her but no one said anything.
“So what’s the story? I was only told the basics” I said to Esther, my guard shifted and I knew some were uncomfortable and confused with the informality of this court.
“She tried to murder your cousin Sarah and to stop her, her new husband Nahuel stepped in the way. She nearly murdered him. I managed to restrain her as the girls saved him. Shes mental, she thought she was still with Nahuel” Esther explained.
“She’s an ex?” I asked seeing her on the floor.
“Yes, he turned her” Esther explained. She explained the rest and I then asked Anelie to revive her so I could speak to her.
“Go and sit with your sister Annie” I said softly to her when the girl gasped and struggled in Esther’s grasp.
“I forgot to mention shes strong. Your guards won’t be able to handle her” Esther added seeing my normal guards step forward to help her.
“She doesn’t need help” I told them immediately, they looked unconvinced and my guard started mumbling to each other around the room.
“Let me introduce you to Esther and her daughters. Esther is a moon pool child, the moon pool child. Anything you lot can do she can do better so do not question me!” I said straight to Frances who was staring at Esther in disbelief. “Her daughters are life and death so if you want to be scared of someone getting free, be scared of them” I said with a wave of my hand to the twins sitting on the thrones behind me. The room fell silent.
“Now, down to business” I mumbled and looked at the girl in Esther’s arms. “What is your name?” I asked her. She growled. I sighed and looked at Esther.
“Connie” she answered for her.
“Connie are you guilty of trying to murder my cousin Sarah Black and her new husband Nahuel?” I asked her.
“No!” she gasped.
“Liar” I replied.
“I didn’t want to hurt Nahuel I wanted to kill his whore” she said, the moment the word was out of her mouth I saw Esther twist on her arm and the girl screamed in pain. I held my hand up to her involuntary. I was so used to dealing with my guard I forgot Esther wasn’t my guard. She looked at me for a moment but did actually stop.
What did my father say I should do with her? I asked Esther in my head. I was unsure why they hadn’t killed her, that’s what they normally would have done.
Wipe her memory. Esther answered me. I sighed. I knew she was going to say that.
“Ariella” I called softly. When she didn’t come I turned to the stage that only had Lidiya and Anelie on it.
“Would you like me to go find her master?” one of my guard asked. I nodded and turned back to Connie.
“You have been found guilty of the attempted murder of a Cullen and their mate. You were aware of the protection on every Cullen, descendant and friend and therefore you will be sentenced.” I began.
“She didn’t know about the protection on your family. She’s mentally insane shes somehow managed to by pass any information about the Cullen’s” Esther told me softly. I raised my eyebrow at her before turning to the girl.
“Very well, because of your ignorance you will be allowed to live the rest of your life without any restrictions” I began and the girl smiled in relief. “However, all your memories of Sarah, of Nahuel, of what you did and who you were will be gone. You will be able to start a new life as someone entirely different and if I ever hear of you being within fifty miles of a Cullen I will not be so kind the second time understood?” I asked her, she looked horrified. “Understood?” I asked again angrier. She nodded slightly and I heard the door go. Ariella walked into the room with a poker face. I smiled at her, hoping she would see my apology but she didn’t react. I reached out my hand for her and I saw Lidiya frown from the stage. Ariella took it and I felt her ability course through me. I reached out with my spare and touched Connie’s head. Deleting everything and fabricating an entirely new life for her.
“Take her out into the city” I told Frances. He nodded and Esther let go of the girl. Frances led her out the door and it slammed with an echo.
“Court is dismissed” I called and I felt Ariella tug her hand out of mine instantly. “Hey” I whispered as she turned from me, I grabbed her wrist. “Ariella, hey!” I said when she didn’t turn to me.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” she hissed.
“Why does it matter?” I asked her with a frown. My guard had left. It was only Esther the twins and me and Ariella in the room.
“You know why” she frowned.
“And you knew that was never going to happen” I reminded her. I could see Anelie and Lidiya watching us curiously, Lidiya looked relaxed actually, the opposite of what i thought she'd be.
“I know I just… I thought I was your best friend” she said sadly.
“You are” I told her.
“So why didn’t you tell me?” she hissed.
“Because I was scared you’d leave me if you knew”
“I’d never leave you” she whispered. I looked up to Lidiya who was still watching us.
“I love her Ariella. One day she’ll be my wife, she’ll be my queen and she’ll lead the Volturi with me. It’s not some crush. Its forever.” I explained to her.
"That’s all you had to say" she said and finally smiled back at me. I reached my hand towards Lidiya and she appeared at my side in moments.
"Lidiya meet Ariella. Shes my closest and best advisor" i said with a smile. Lidiya smiled politely.
"Hi" she said. Ariella smiled her and bowed her head slightly respectfully. 
"I knew he'd fall for a Cullen" she smiled.
"I'm technically not a Cullen" she answered.
"Yet" i murmured in response and i saw her smile.
"Thank you for taking care of him here" Lidiya said and i was shocked by her words.
"Always" Ariella said and turned to smile at me. 

Only short but there is much more Matthew/Lidiya in chapter 55!

1 comment:

  1. I feel a little better now that I got a little bit of a chapter from ur stories! Hope we get a lot more real soon, it feels like its been forever since we got a chapter from you.

    dkjkaden

    ReplyDelete