Sunday 24 August 2014

You and I - Teddy Cullen Extra

I wanted to write and post this for a while, most people wanted to know what Teddy was like, but because he was born so long after his siblings but before Living in Paradise i never had a chance to show you. This is an extra that tells you the story of him and his mate, Khaleesi. (pronounced ka-lee-see for those that dont know.)
Their story has been playing on my mind for a while, its a little bit out of my ordinary and some of you might not like it but its how i always imagined it. I kind of took inspiration from the book Where She Went by Gayle Forman and the song You and I by One Direction.
Extra after the break.
~Nikki





We don't wanna be like them.
We can make it 'til the end.
Nothing can come between
You and I.
Not even the Gods above
Can separate the two of us.
No, nothing can come between
You and I.


London, England 2117

Teddy Cullen
“Teddy our parents are here,” I heard my older sister call through the house. I climbed off my bed and pulled my sweats and a tshirt on. I found Holly in the hall being embraced by our mother. My father smiled at me, it was a sympathetic smile and I couldn’t stand it. I greeted him quickly and turned to my mother.
This was why I moved away. I couldn’t stand the way they looked at me like I was fragile and broken. At least Holly and Christian treated me like a normal human being.
I loved my parents but I couldn’t stand being with them. It was a constant reminder of home where I lost her.
“So you enjoying England sunshine?” my father asked.
“It’s better than Canada,” I said to him with a glare I immediately turned out the room.
“Eddie,” I heard my mother hiss.
“Dad don’t, I’ll go,” Holly replied but I was up the stairs and in my room before she reached me.
“Teddy,” she said on the other side of the door.
Open up baby brother. Her voice was in my head.
Stay out of my head Holly. I groaned.
Teddy Cullen, I know you better than anyone, better than mom and better than dad and better than her. I know what’s wrong and I know it’s hard but you can’t take it out on your parents. They love you.
They treat me like a broken toy.
I know and I’ll talk to them but you can’t blame it on them. They’re only trying to support you.
I walked over to my door and opened it. My big sister stood there and smiled at me. I hugged her to me before letting go and walking back down the stairs.
I found my parents in the living room with Christian.
“I’m sorry,” I said to the room. They both looked up at me and smiled.
“We’re sorry too Teddy. I promise you. We’ll stop with the looks,”  my father said. I nodded and sat down next to my mother who wrapped her arms around me. Holly sat with her husband and we spent nearly two hours catching up with our parents. I hadn’t seen them in over a year and before that I hadn’t seen them in four years, not since I lost her. Not since she left me.
It all started going wrong merely six months before she turned eighteen.
Vancouver, Canada 2112.
I could hear yelling in the house and I knew she’d be upset over it. They kept calling for her but I knew she was still in her room, probably crying. I pulled myself up the tree by her room and saw her window was open, waiting for me. I pulled myself in just as her mother yelled her name.
“Khaleesi! Come here!”
“Leesi,” I whispered painfully, she was sitting on the bed, her head in her lap and her body was shaking with tears. I wrapped myself around her in moments and she turned into me, crying into my chest.
“Khaleesi Violet open this door now!” her mother yelled, she was on the other end now.
“No,” she choked out. “I don’t want to be a part of your fighting!” she yelled back.
“Elsie this is between us, don’t bring our daughter into this,” I heard her father tell her mother.
“She knows!” Elsie hissed.
“Knows what Elsie? That you weren’t cheating? Our daughter shouldn’t have to lie for you! I know you’re lying to me, don’t make our daughter do it for you!” Kieran yelled.
“Do you want to get out of here?” I whispered to my girlfriend. She nodded into my chest. I lifted her from the bed and held her in my arms as I made it to the window.
“Wait,” she said and climbed out of my arms for a moment. I noticed she was still in her pyjamas and wondered if she was getting changed. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something quickly.



Dad, I’ll be back in the morning, I can’t stand mom and her yelling. Love you, your princess Khaleesi


I admired the relationship Khaleesi had with her father, she was his world and I knew that he only stayed with her mother for Khaleesi. He worried that if he left he wouldn’t get to see his daughter anymore. Khaleesi was eighteen in six months and after that Khaleesi would have control of her own life and who she lived with. Her mom wasn’t the best mother in the world, she slept around, she drank and was out all night. She wasn’t the mother Khaleesi deserved, she deserved so much more but I was glad she had a decent father. She walked back over to me just as another bang came on the door.
“Khaleesi Violet please open the door,” her mother called. Leesi came over to me and I lifted her back up and jumped out the window. I saw her close her eyes tightly as I landed on the floor with a soft thump before I took off running. She was still crying as I took her home.
“Teddy?” My father asked as I walked in the door carrying my girlfriend.
“I had to get her out of there,” I told him truthfully, he had already seen it in my mind and probably Khaleesi’s too.
“I understand sunshine.” He said with a  frown. I took my human girlfriend up the stairs and lay her on my bed. I was a child of the Luna Bambini so I lay down beside her to sleep. My parents weren’t strict with me and her, they had been in the same position a hundred years ago. My mom was human when my dad met her, just like me and Khaleesi and my grandparents. Its funny how things work out. I often wondered if I had a son and named him Edward would the same happen again?
Khaleesi turned into me, she wasn’t crying now, she was staring at my chest and her fingers playing with my shirt.
“are you okay?” I whispered to her.
“I am now,” she said softly. I kissed her forehead and pulled her into me, letting her rest on my chest. She sighed deeply and I saw her close her eyes.
“Only a few more months,” I reminded her.
“I don’t know why my dad just can’t kick her out,” she sighed.
“You know why. She'd want custody of you. You’re eighteen soon, it won’t matter then. You can chose where you want to live,” I reminded her.
“I want to live with you,” she told me. I smiled to myself.
“I know,” I laughed. “I don’t think your dad would like that though.”
“Well I’ll be eighteen, I can do what I want. I want to be turned and I want to live with you forever,” she said and looked up at me.
“And so you will,” I whispered and kissed her lips lightly. She smiled against me.
“On my eighteenth birthday?” she asked, “you’ll turn me?”
“I can’t turn you,” I told her truthfully. “It will have to be one of my vampire family. Moon Pool children don’t have venom, we’re not vampires,” I told her.
“Right,” she nodded. “Well who do you think will do it?” she asked, she sounded nervous now.
“Carlisle has turned nearly all of my vampire family. He can do it, or my grandmother Bella, she turned my mother.” I told her.
“Can your mom do it?” she asked softly. “I don’t know your family very well but I know your mom,” she said.
“I don’t know if she can. It takes a lot of self-control. They might be able to extract her venom and give it to you that way if you really want Chloe to turn you.”
“Oh she doesn’t have to bite me?” she asked with a giggle.
“Not necessarily,” I laughed with her.
“Well that’s fine then. As long as I get to be with you forever I don’t care whose venom runs in my veins,” she said and hugged me tighter.
“You don’t want to be a Cullen first?” I asked her nonchalantly.
“Are you proposing Edward Cullen?” she laughed. I grinned down at her.
“No, im just asking. Would you want to be turned first or do you want me to propose first?” I asked with a wink.
“I don’t mind. I'm going to be with you forever, it doesn’t matter to me if we have a piece of paper telling me im Khaleesi Cullen.”
“Hmm I like the sound of that,” I whispered into her hair. We stayed silent for a while, I was nearly asleep but I knew Leesi was wide awake, I wondered what she was thinking about but I wasn’t going to pry. I had a similar ability to my father and grandfather except people knew when I was in their head, especially Khaleesi, she knew me too well and could sense when I was reading her mind.
“Do you think we’ll be happy forever?” she asked in a whisper.
“What makes you ask that? Of course we will,” I told her truthfully.
“My parents. They were happy once. Then my mom had a miscarriage and their relationship crumbled before me. What happens if that happens to us?” she asked painfully. I knew her parents relationship put her in doubt but I knew she was my mate. I had no doubt about it. We would be together forever, there wasn’t a question.
“That won’t happen to us. Vampires have a way of sensing their mate. Khaleesi I love you and nothing will ever come between us. I promise.” I assured her.
“How can you be so sure?” she asked in desperation.
“My parents met like us. My dad was five years old when he met my mom. They fell in love pretty quickly and she was turned when she was seventeen. They had threats to their relationship but they made it through and they’re still happily married a hundred years later. Same with my grandparents ten years before that.”
“You’re surrounded by true love, you’ve never seen a relationship break like me,” she said.
“And don’t you think you’re lucky to be with someone who comes from a perfect track record?” I asked her, she rolled her eyes but smiled.
“You’re so cocky,” she laughed.
“You love me for it,” I said back.
“I do.” She smiled and kissed me. I didn’t let her pull away. I kissed her deeper and pulled her up so she was equal with me. We hadn’t gone further than kissing but it was times like this when I wanted to so much, I just didn’t think doing it in the house with my parents here was a good idea. I laughed against our lips and she pulled away smiling to. She rested her head on my shoulder.
“Are you going to make me wait until our wedding day?” she giggled.
“No, just until we’re not in the house with my vampire mother and moon pool father that can hear every second,” I told her truthfully.
London, England 2117
Things changed drastically after that night. Her parents split, her mother was given instant custody and Khaleesi was forced to move away. She was heartbroken, I was heartbroken but we promised that it would only be six months and then we’d be together. We called each other every day, I visited her every other weekend but as it came to two months left some things began to change. Khaleesi stopped calling me and when I visited she was gone from her house and I couldn’t track where she went. I asked my mom to track her but she refused to tell me where she was, only that she was safe and alive. I had been angry at my mom, furious in fact that she wouldn’t tell me where the love of my life was. She said it wasn’t her place to tell me, clearly Khaleesi didn’t want me to know and the betrayal of my mother hurt a million times more than Leesi’s. I realised now I was a fool to blame my mother for what Khaleesi had done but I was so hurt that I was taking it out on those that loved me. After a month of being unable to find Khaleesi and no contact from her I broke down, I moved out of my parents’ house and took the first flight to London. Being mentally linked to my sisters meant that they knew exactly what I was going through and Holly offered for me to stay with her.
I locked myself in my new room for a few months before I had to leave to hunt. Slowly and surely I started getting over it but I could never understand it. Five years later I still didn’t know why she left my life so suddenly.
The night past, I went to bed late and woke at my usual 8am. Holly and Christian were never normally up unless they had a job or somewhere to go. I dressed and walked down the stairs forgetting my parents didn’t sleep.
“Good morning,” my mom said with a smile.
“Hey mom, see you later,” I said quickly and made for the door.
“Where are you going?” she asked.
“I go into the city for breakfast,” I joked, her eyes widened in shock.
“Im joking mom, I take a walk that’s all,” I smiled at her and she relaxed before giving me a wave.
I left the house and made my way into the city. I don’t know what it was about London. I liked watching all the people making their various ways to work or shopping. I walked my usual route right through Hyde park.
My heard turned at every tall blonde woman I saw. I told my sister that these walks were to clear my head but in reality I just hoped one day i'd see her. Despite the fact I was in the wrong country, there was always a part of me that hoped that one day i'd see her again.
I was more aware today than normal and I didn’t know if it was because my parents were here or I had a sixth sense for her but a certain blonde managed to turn my head as if a magnet was pulling me towards her. She had her back to me, she was sitting on a bench but I knew it was her. I just knew.
My heart beat picked up and I stared at her, I saw her turn and laugh and I realised she was on the phone.
What was she even doing here? What the hell was going on? I was stood frozen, unsure what I was going to do. I was about to turn away when her blonde head turned and her eyes locked with mine. I saw her take in a breath and she immediately stood up. There was merely a few yards between us but I couldn’t bring myself to move or say a word.
“Teddy,” she whispered my name. I couldn’t help feeling angry, feeling sad and happy at the same time. She was here standing in front of me but I didn’t know what to say. I turned and started walking in the opposite direction. “Teddy!” she screamed after me. I felt the heat of her body behind me before her hand reached out and touched my arm. I had angry tears in my eyes when I span around to face her.
“What?!” I nearly screamed.
“Im so sorry,” she sobbed. “Im sorry,” she added, tears streaming down her face.
“What are you doing here?” I asked her.
“Your parents. They told me where you were. I needed to see you,” she said softly. Anger boiled inside me. My parents knew she was here?! They knew and didn’t say anything?
“Five years Khaleesi!” I told her, she could see my anger and her face softened.
“I know,” she sobbed. “Please let me explain.” She said her hand reaching mine, I tugged it away quickly before her touch could calm my anger, before I could pull her into my arms and kiss her over and over again and told her I forgive her. I started walking away, this time faster so she couldn’t catch up with me.
I got home and slammed the door behind me.
“Mom!” I shouted. My mom appeared in the hall. She was smiling at first but when she saw my face it dropped.
“Are you okay?” she asked.
“No, what’s going on?” I asked her.
“She came to us. She wanted to know where you were. I knew how much you missed her,” she began to explain.
“Right so when I wanted to find her you wouldn’t tell me where she was but when she wanted to find me you just told her without hesitation?” I asked her suddenly angry.
“I don’t understand Teddy, why aren’t you happy? You’ve missed her haven’t you?” she asked reaching to comfort me.
“Yes but..” I said and trailed off suddenly when I heard knocking on the door. My head whipped around and my sister opened the door to see Khaleesi standing there. Her beautiful face sad and full of tears.
“Please,” she begged.
“Hear her out,” my mom said and kissed my cheek before her and Holly left the room. Khaleesi closed the door. She walked up to me and I was breathing fast as she took my hands and placed them on her face. It was permission for me to read her mind, to merge mine with hers and use my ability for her to explain. She didn’t want to tell me, she wanted to show me.
It was intimate what I could do, especially with someone with the feelings I had for Khaleesi. Nothing had changed, I still loved her and I always would. I wasn’t lying when I told her she was my mate, I truly believed it then and believed it now.
I was in her head, our minds became one and I could come and go as she could in my mind. We saw the past five years of each other’s lives.
I saw how her father had died to a heart attack the day before she stopped talking to me, how it had destroyed her and she couldnt even bring herself to move to the phone, how she wished i had known and would come to her but knew at the same time i had no way of knowing. I saw how her mother had threatened her, kept her with her, telling her she had to go to college and to cut off all contact with me. She had persuaded her that if it was true love id wait for her. That if she contacted me in any way that her mother would use her connections to make sure my life was ruined for good. I saw how scared she was that we were going to turn out like her parents, that we weren’t true love after all. I saw how on graduation day that she thought she saw me in the crowd and how much she hoped I was there. My father called her that night, telling her that my mother had been keeping an eye on her and they had just found out about the threats. My parents assured her that her mother couldn’t do anything to us, that the Cullen’s had connections she couldn’t even dream of. Khaleesi finally made the move to find me and went straight to my parents. They brought her to London and here we were.
“I am so sorry about your father. Why didn’t you just tell me?” I asked her with frustration, my forehead resting on hers. The excuse was tiny, I couldn’t believe something so small had kept her away from me but I could see how much she truly believed her mother, how scared she was and how heartbroken she was after her father, it pained me that i wasnt there for her.
“Yes. I do and I can’t apologise enough-,“ I didn’t let her finish, I crashed my lips to hers and kissed her like ive never kissed her before.
“Five years is nothing to an immortal,” I told her against her lips. It was like five years of pain and wondering disappeared in one.
“I tried to contact you secretly, you know. I sent letters,” she said to me.
“You did?” I asked with a frown.
“I guess you didn’t get them?”
“No,” I frowned and kissed her again. It had been way too long. “Oh,” I said and kissed her again. "If you ever doubt our love again,” I said in between kisses “please come to me first,” I said to her.
“I won’t,” she said. I raised my eyebrows. “Doubt our love I mean,” she laughed.
"I love you Khaleesi, I will love you forever, you and I will get through everything the world might throw at us. I promise you. Not your mother, not anything. Dont doubt for a second how much I love you." 
"I love you too, and I wont ever be so stupid again." She said before kissing me again and I knew I was where I was meant to be. And so did she.
 


5 comments:

  1. NO I HATE THIS FREAKING GOOGLE FUCKER AGHH. I JUST TYPED A LONG COMMENT BUT I WASNT LOGGED IN AND NOW ITS ALL GONE. sorry. So lets see first of all i loved this chapter so much!! And Leesi is so adorable!! I really like her character and she reminds me of a mixture between Bella and Chloe which is funny cause they all have an Edward :P I really dislike Leesi's mum and would love to punch her, but I adore her father! So sad he died :( So Holly and Teddy are closer than Avia and Teddy? Or was it only because she wasnt around? Doesnt really matter since I loved the relationship between the two! I have to say the reunion broke my heart :( but amazing that theyre back together, i mean they had too lol. Will you write another extra about them in the future? But loved this one so much!!
    PS:Love the name Khaleesi even more now haha, name your daughter Khaleesi, would be so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what does Teddy look like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you do another extract of Chloe and Eddie they are my favourite wow I love your fanfiction so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes she does. Chloe changes her not long after this.

      Delete