Sunday 13 April 2014

Extra from Renesmee's Teenage Story - Chloe and Eddie

Ive had quite a few requests over the years to write out the conversation between Chloe and Eddie in chapter 17 of Renesmee's Teenage Story. Its the conversation where Eddie says they cant be together but as we all know he was lying to her to protect her.

Extra after the break OR go to the Extra's tab, click Renesmee's Teenage Story Extras and find it there.

~Nikki



Eddie's POV

I knew how wrong it was for me to listen in but I couldn’t help myself. I was curious and I regretted it immediately. The girls seemed to forget that I could hear better than our vampire family. I could hear their hushed voices as clear as day.

"I like Zac, I really do, and he's a great boyfriend and so sweet and caring and amazing but…" Chloe told Renesmee trailing off.

"But what?" Renesmee asked.

"I don't love him Ness, like you didn't love Liam." She whispered.

"Who do you love?"

"I don't know if its love exactly…" she trailed again.

"Chloe spit it out."

"Don't go mad," she told her quickly. My heart felt like it was racing in my chest, despite the fact I knew it wasn’t possible.

"I would never," Renesmee replied.

"Wow you're really warm," Chloe laughed.

"You've noticed that before Clo, stop changing the subject, now tell me please. I'm dying to know here." Nessie laughed.

"Its… it's your brother," Chloe admitted. I sat their frozen in place. I was right. Chloe did feel something for me, something that she couldn’t even begin to understand.

"Eddie?" Renesmee asked in shock.

"Shhh!" Chloe hissed.

"I'm sorry… but… this is awesome! You can be my sister in law!" Renesmee said almost normal volume; I wasn’t the only one that heard that this time.

"Shhh!" Chloe hissed again. "Please don't ever tell him."

"I knew there was something going on with you two! I knew it!" Renesmee said excitedly. I bowed my head and closed my eyes. What was I going to do?

"Please don't," Chloe pleaded.

"I won't, I promise," Renesmee whispered to her.

"He'll never want to be with a girl like me anyway," Chloe told her, I shook my head in disagreement. She had no idea how much I wanted to be with her. My dad sat next to me and patted my hand. I took it in mine for comfort.

"What do you mean?" Renesmee asked Chloe.

"I have a vampire best friend and I'm crushing on her vampire brother. No way am I ever going to look pretty next to you two," I rolled my eyes at that.

"Don't say that! You're beautiful."

"Thanks Ness but you're my best friend you're meant to say that."

"Best friends don't lie," Renesmee replied.

"Thanks but still he's just I mean have you seen him? Zac is ok but..." she said.

"I'll prove to you he likes you Chloe, I promise you," Renesmee said to her.

"Shouldn't make promises you can't keep Renesmee," she said.

"Oh just wait and see, I know he has some feelings for you. I've seen it every time he looks at you. Just wait, I think he's waiting. For some reason, waiting for you to age a bit more maybe, I don't know, but just wait. One day he'll be yours," Renesmee promised and I mentally scolded her. She couldn’t tell her things like that. Not yet. We couldn’t be together.

“What am I going to do?” I asked my dad. He shrugged at my side.

“You’re supposed to tell me what to do,” I told him almost begging, my emotions were welling up inside me. He looked at me with pity.

“You know what to do son. You’ve promised to protect her, shes only fifteen,” he emphasised. I nodded solemnly. I did know what do you, I just hoped he’d talk me out of it, or into it at least.

I stayed there with my dad for a while and I heard the girls come down stairs. I held my head down and put my hand on my dad’s arm for a moment. He nodded.

Go on son. It’s for the best and it’s only for now. You will be with her eventually. He thought. I nodded and stood up. I moved over to where Chloe was sitting

"Can I talk to you please Chloe?" I asked her, I could hear her heart beat pick up, and I knew everyone else could too; she nodded then looked at Renesmee.

I walked out of the room with Chloe close on my heels. I felt like my heart should be beating as fast as Chloe’s and I couldn’t believe I was about to do this.

“Chloe,” I said softly when we reached the yard.

“Yeah?” she asked softly. I wanted to touch her, to see what she was thinking but I didn’t dare to, I knew if I felt her, if I held her I wouldn’t be able to do this. I would pull her into a hug and never let go.

This was for her. This was so she could live a little bit longer. If Aro found out I had a human mate he’d want me to turn her. She was only fifteen. I had to do this. I needed to protect her for as long as possible. Maybe she’d hate me for it but she was already in danger being Renesmee’s best friend and knowing about us. If she got involved with me Aro wouldn’t hesitate.

“I heard what you told Renesmee,” I said softly.

“You did?” she asked, her cheeks now flushed in embarrassment.

“I don’t want to hurt you Chloe,” I said, the words were painfully true in my heart. She frowned.

“I know what you’re going to say. It’s okay. I told Renesmee you didn’t like me that way. She’s always got her head in the clouds. She wants us to be sisters,” she ranted.

“You are sisters Chloe. You’re her best friend and you always will be but you’re not my best friend, or sister. I don’t even know you,” I told her with a frown. I was telling the truth, she wasn’t my sister.

Thank god.

“We’re never going to be any more than just friends Chloe. You’re my sister’s best friend, I can’t be with my sister’s best friend, do you understand?” I asked her. Her head dropped.

“Yes,” she barely said out loud.

“I don’t like you in the same way you like me Chloe. I don’t want you. You and I are not going to happen.” I told her. I wanted so badly to say ‘yet’ at the end of my sentence but I restrained myself. She looked like she was hiding any and all emotion possible. “You need to forget your feelings for me,” I added in guilt. That was it. I had said it. I ripped the Band-Aid off but I tried to hide the fact the wound felt a million times worse and so was Chloe.

“I understand. I told Nessie it was a stupid crush and that I never stood a chance. It’s okay Eddie, don’t worry about it,” she said with a fake smile. I nodded slightly, scanning her face for any sign of emotion but she was poker faced, perfect and smooth. She’d make an amazing vampire.

“Well I have to go,” I said quickly. I couldn’t look at her beautiful face any longer. I had to get out of here.

“Okay,” she announced.

“Glad you understand,” I told her with a fake smile of my own and ran out of the yard and through the house. I felt like I was going to explode in emotion. I wanted to cry and scream and yell at the same time. I wanted to take every word of it back and hug Chloe to me so tight that she couldn’t ever go anywhere. I wanted to kiss her and tell her I loved her and that we would be together but I didn’t. I told my parents I was leaving and I ran out the front door. I ran until my tears blurred my vision.

I had just told the girl I love more than anyone in the world I didn’t want her. Surely there were better ways to protect her, maybe I should have told her that we did have a chance but I just wanted to wait? Maybe I should have told her the truth? I should have said she needed to wait for me. If she loved me she could wait like I’m waiting for her.

What had I done?

No comments:

Post a Comment