Thursday 13 August 2015

Patience - Avia and Sebastian's story

A much requested extra of Avia and Sebastian's story.
Some pictures:
The house in the Lake District


Sebastian Wright (I know I've posted this before but because I have never written anything with him in the past I thought I'd repost. He is Christian Wright's, younger brother, born in 2138. He is Luna Bambini.)

Extra after the jump


England, 2143
Avia Cullen



“Alle what are you doing?” I asked almost exasperated at my best friend. She was nuts. She grinned down at me from the tree she was climbing. “Alle are we twelve?” I asked her again, I had my hands on my hips, my neck craned as I watched her climb to the top of a 150 foot tree in the lake district.

“Oh come on Avia its fun,” she giggled.

“Yeah for the only immortal being in the world. You can't die!” I shouted.

“Neither can you, you're a vampire. Takes more than a fall from here to kill you,” she shouted back. I sighed as I began climbing after her.

“I am not a vampire and it probably will kill me,” I muttered to myself but of course Alle heard it.

“My aunt will bring you back its all okay,” she giggled. I rolled my eyes. Allesandra was my best friend but she was also completely reckless and idiotic at times. She got these crazy ideas that I would follow and then have to get us out of. She was right, if I died Anelie would come bring me back but I know she wouldn't appreciate the hassle.

No I wouldn't Avia. Anelie laughed in my head.

I'll try not to die I promise. I said to my sister as I climbed after her niece.

Tell my daughter to be careful. Lidiya chimed in.

“Your mother says to be careful Alle,” I called up the tree

“I can't die mama!” she called to me and I rolled my eyes.

Whose great idea was it to invite her? Teddy, my younger brother laughed joining in on the conversation.

Mine, don't ask. I mumbled as I reached Alle at the top of the tree.

The view was magnificent. The sky was clear and the sun was setting in the distance. We could see for miles and miles and it was truly indescribable. I could see the lake to the right of us. Our summer house with lights on and the smoke from the barbeque on the back porch, I could even see figures of our family moving around outside. I could see Holly swimming in the lake with Christian. I saw animals and birds in the woods surrounding the house, just out of reach. I could see ripples in the water of the lake by our house. And trees for miles on end.

“Told you it would be worth it,” Alle whispered to me, she gripped my hand as we sat across the branch at the top.

“Now we jump,” Alle giggled. I snatched my hand out of hers instantly.

“No,” I told her sternly.

“Come on Ave,” she teased me

“You're gunna be the death of me,” I mumbled but gripped her hand. I wasn't 100 percent sure I could do this without injuring myself but I knew Alle would take most of my weight. She was more human than me technically but because she was special she may as well be a fully fledged vampire or moon pool child. Normally the roles would be reversed, but then any normal hybrid and child of Luna bambini wouldn't be doing this. Immortality had become Allesandra. It made her reckless and daring but it also made her brave and strong and willing to stand up to everything. I closed my eyes as we fell through the air and of course trusting my friend was the right decision as I felt as the impact was taken by Allesandra as she gripped my both arms with hers. She just grinned at me before we took off running back to the summer house.

The Wright Family had this amazing 1700s country mansion right in the middle of the Lake District, one of the most picturesque and beautiful parts of England. They acquired it after my Aunt Alice helped them out with the stock market a few decades ago. It was a dream of Scarlett's since she moved to England so long ago. Every summer the Wright's and the Cullen's, at least my part of the family came here for four weeks and we all stayed in the house that consisted of 10 bedrooms for some relaxation, water sports, hiking and climbing. It was my favourite time of the year. It generally consisted of my parents, Eddie and Chloe, my sister, Holly and brother Teddy, their spouses Khaleesi and Christian and Christian's entire family, his parents Oliver and Scarlett, his vampire sister Evie and his moon pool siblings Sebastian and Addison. The latter two were much younger than the rest of us but being Luna Bambini they were already fully grown. Addison much rather spent her time by herself, she loved to draw and was amazing at it, where as Sebastian was definitely the apple of Christians eye. Growing up he spent most of his time with his brother and my sister and often with me too. Sebastian and I had a weird, 'our siblings are married what are we to each other?' friendship. I didn't call him my brother like my sister did but then he was more than just a friend to me. I had barely noticed how quickly he turned into a man until two and a half years after his birth. It was last summer and he was practicing his martial arts in the gardens of this very house with all but a pair of sweatpants on. He was a black belt in all the martial arts you can think of by the time he was two and I knew how much work he put into that by the defined features of his body. He wasn't muscular in the typical sense, at least not in the sense my few ex-boyfriends have been but his small and thin frame meant you saw every muscle when he tensed. I remember staring at him way too long for a familial friendship. I had been dealing with my quickly growing crush on my sisters brother-in-law for the past year. It wasn't hard to avoid him, after all he seemed to be avoiding me recently too. I just had no idea that it was this summer when things would change.

Allesandra and I made it back to the lake house just in time for Oliver to call us for dinner. This year, not only was mine and Sebastian's family here but also Renesmee, Jacob and Allesandra. Nessie and Jake were here to spend time with my parents where as Alle was here for me. Oliver took this as an opportunity to buy all the food in the world for the hybrids staying with us. Tonight was barbeque night. Alle raced to the back yard to get her favourite sausages, Jacob was already there beating her to it. Allesandra was next to him now and they were fighting over the food. Jacob was nudging Alle with his hip and she was nudging him back.

“My husband is such a child,” I heard Nessie tell my dad as they sat on the swinging bench. I looked back to Allesandra to see her raise her hand and a burst of flames lit up Jacobs plate.

“Hey! That's cheating!” he called out and picked up an extremely burnt, now black, sausage from his plate. Alle was laughing, I was laughing and I think everyone in the back yard was laughing. Of course Oliver, the ever enthusiastic host ran inside before coming out with a new pack of uncooked sausages.

“Its okay jacob, more on their way,” he said happily in his little apron and cooking gloves. I had no idea why he felt he needed to wear them being a vampire and all but it was amusing anyway.

I turned to head back into the house. I wanted to change my clothes into something more relaxing since I had grass and moss stains all over my leggings from climbing the tree with Alle. On my way back in I passed the large ball room, at least it used to be a ball room of some sort. It was now more like an art gallery. Scarlett was an eager collector of art and this was where she displayed it.

In the room I saw Sebastian, topless, with only a pair of sweatpants on and his leg suspended in the air as he fought an invisible foe. I couldn't help but stop and watch him as he worked through the routine in his head.

“Do you want me to teach you something?” he said suddenly, stopping and turning to look at me. I probably would have blushed from him catching me watching him but I was surprised with the sudden confidence that overcame me, it must have been my inner Holly.

“Sure,” I grinned as I went into the room.

“Firstly take that off,” he said pointing to my jacket. I raised my eyebrows at him as I threw it across the room. “And those,” he said pointing at my shoes. I did as I was told and I was left in a tank top and my leggings.

“Perfect,” he smiled and I tried to ignore what that smile did to the butterflies in my stomach.

“Firstly it's about discipline. You were a dancer once right?” he asked. I nodded. I'd gone through a phase of basically everything in my 100 years of life, even martial arts but I decided not to tell him that.

“Mostly ballet,” I clarified.

“Perfect,” he began and crouched into a position. As he began to teach me I found myself actually enjoying it. It wasn't the martial arts I had learnt previously, I wasn't sure what this was but it was fun, and even better with him as my teacher. By the time the 'lesson' was over, I was aching all over.

“You okay?” he chuckled as I ran my hand over the back of my neck.

“Yeah,” I smiled. “Just not as flexible or used to exercise as I used to be,” I laughed. He smiled at me before handing me my jacket.

“See you same time tomorrow?” he asked with raised eyebrows.

“Sure,” I grinned at him and picked up my shoes in my hand as I left. I took one look behind me to see him still standing in the middle of the room watching me leave.

I had the biggest grin on my face as I went to shower and change. By the time I got back down to the family in the garden, it was dark, the bonfire was lit and they were all sat around laughing. I walked up to my sister and sat next to her, resting my head on her shoulder. She giggled and nudged her shoulder so my head bounced up.

Shut. Up. I told her immediately. I already knew what she was going to say. I always knew.

You know you spent nearly three hours in there with him.

So? I asked back.

Go out with him. She chimed.

No. I sighed. Whilst I wanted to date him more than anything, I knew I couldn't. He was too much part of my day to day life and family. If we dated and broke up things would be awful, how would I face him at every family get together after if it ended badly?

It won't. Holly said seeing my worries.

Since when do you not go head first into love Avia? Lidiya added.

Since I got old. I said putting my head back on Holly's shoulder. My sisters began to discuss how my past loves had gone and why I'm so against love now, critically analysing the way I feel as the 'group mind' as we called it. I was barely paying attention to what was going on in my head as through the flames I could see him, sitting on the opposite side of the bonfire, thoroughly in a deep conversation with my father.

Just give it time ladies. My brother added. I could see him grinning at me from my right.

I tried to ignore what my siblings had said in my head that night but it was rather hard to do.

For the next three weeks I split my time with Alle and training with Sebastian, we spent hours on end training in the gallery and I felt bad Alle was here when I wasn't with her all the time. By day 21 I ran to my best friend after a five hour session with Sebastian apologising profusely.

“Ave woah, it's okay. It's my family too you know. It's nice to get to know them. You have a new boy toy it's all good,” she smiled at me as she hugged me tightly.

“He's not my boy toy” I rolled my eyes at her, that was her word for my boyfriends.

“He should be,” she winked at me as she took my hand and we walked out to the garden. I was suppose to have got ready with Alle but got rather carried away with Sebastian. Tonight was Sebastian's birthday which meant alcohol was available, Allesandra's favourite thing. She rarely got it being part of the Volturi, over protective parents and all that. I tried to ignore the maternal waves I was receiving from Lidiya knowing Alle would be drinking. It was hard being best friends with my sisters daughter, especially when I had a permanent link to her mother's thoughts and feelings.

It's a family party Lidy, she'll be fine. Anelie was coaxing our sister. I tried to block them out as Alle and I found the alcohol table.

I managed to block my sisters out although they probably couldn't block me out as Alle and I progressively got worse with the alcohol consumption.

I wasn't in control of my body or words as I saw Sebastian come over.

“Happy birthday!” I called out to him and gave him a hug.

“Thanks,” he grinned at me, his very Christian grin. I tried to draw in the familiarities between him and Christian to stop me from wanting to kiss him but it was very hard to do when it was something I wanted more than anything. It wasn't me who moved though, it was him and before I knew it I was kissing him and he was pulling me into the house. His kiss was intoxicating. It was also frantic and desperate, as if everything had been kept inside us was pouring out and we were both afraid the other would disappear at any moment.

“No,” I heard my dad's voice as he pulled Sebastian off me. “I know you both like each other but I won't have you sleeping with my intoxicated daughter.”

I was barely making sense of my father's words as my head spun.

“Come on Avia,” I heard my mother saying as she led me into the house.

“But Sebastian...” I heard myself moaning like a child. He was standing there watching me with my father stopping him from getting to me.

“Momma I want Sebastian,” I told my mother.

“I can't believe I'm putting my hundred year old daughter to bed and telling her no,” she said as she led me to my room. “You and Sebastian are more important than a drunken one night stand. Your father and I will not let your first time be like this,” she said as she helped me undress and put on some pyjamas.

“Momma it's not my first time,” I told her with a giggle in a drunken haze.

“With Sebastian I mean sweetheart,” she smiled softly at me before directing me to the bed. “Now got to bed. I will be watching where you go,” she warned me before kissing my forehead.

At least that's what I think she did.

I woke the next morning feeling out of place and a mind splitting head ache.

This is why I hated being what I was. I reacted like a human to most things, hangovers included but I didn't have the luxury of taking pain killers to deal with it.

I also woke with every memory of last night in perfect clarity. I moaned as I rolled over onto my stomach and screamed into my pillow.

What had I done?

One thing I was grateful for, was my parents. Oddly enough them treating me like a child last night may have saved any potential Sebastian and I had for a relationship. I was so out of character last night letting him do that, would I have gone through with it if they didn't stop us?

I climbed out of bed, cleaned myself up and got dressed. The first person I run into on the corridor was my mother. I fell into her arms and she sighed as she hugged me.

"Thank you," I told her. She smiled when she pulled away.

"I'm glad you're not angry at me," she said with a chuckle. I shook my head.

"No I'm not. thank you for stopping us." I told her truthfully.

"You're welcome. Your father has of course known for a while about you two, both of you so stubborn and determined not to tell the other. He couldn't let you two start off like that. It's against his nature. Your father may not be a romantic all the time but he knew you wouldn't have wanted your first time with Bash to be a drunken one night stand," my mother told me.

"I guess I should go say thank you to daddy," I said.

"He already knows," she said and kissed my forehead. "Go see Sebastian," she added with a wink. I shook my head.

"I think I'm going to go clear my head before I do that. I need to think what I'm going to even say," I told her. She nodded and kissed me again before we parted ways.

I walked out to the gardens of the house. It had been raining over night, the grass was wet but I didn't care as I walked into it with bare feet. I walked a few yards out before taking a deep breath of the fresh air. I loved London and where I lived but it was so nice to be out in the country side. The lake district was one of the only places in the UK that hadn't been urbanised. It was so rare to see countryside now. This place had been preserved along with the Peak District and Snowdonia in Wales. The last remaining National Parks in the UK. It was illegal to build any homes here now, only ones that remained were centuries old and cost hundreds of millions each. It had been eternally protected by the crown.

I closed my eyes and took in the freshness of the new day. I decided to a relaxation exercise Sebastian had taught me last week as I felt the heat of the sun on my skin. It was sort of like yoga, something I had enjoyed throughout my life on various occasions.

My breathing hitched as I felt cold hands on my waist, adjusting my posture in the position I was doing. I opened my eyes to see him standing next to me, his hands on my body and his eyes watching me.

"Perfect," he whispered. His hair was wet, obviously from a shower this morning, his clothes clean and I could smell his natural scent mixed with the shower gel he used. It was intoxicating.

"Hi," I mumbled. not able to say much more. He grinned back at me.

"Hi," he said back. I stayed there staring at him, expecting him to say something. "Can we talk?" he asked after staring back at me for a good few seconds.

"Sure," I said barely getting the word out of my mouth. His hands dropped from my waist and his hand fell into mine. I followed him further away from the house to the lake. He sat on the dock and motioned for me to follow.

“About last night,” Sebastian said.

“Yeah?” I asked pretending that maybe not remembering would make this awkwardness go away.

“I'm sorry.”

“About what?” I asked.

You can't lie Avia. Holly's voice ran through my head. Only it wasn't her actual voice, just my own memory of the many times she had reminded me how awful I was at lying. Thanks grandma Bella.

“Don't pretend you don't remember,” he said instantly as he stared at me. I sighed.

Just be truthful Avia. My inner voice told me, and not that of any of my siblings that is. I was grateful they were trying their best to leave me alone in this moment.

“Ok look, I wanted to think more about how I was going to say this but I may as well just spit it out.... I like you. A lot. I have for a while, I didn't want to say anything or do anything about it because you're my brother-in-law's brother,” I laughed at how weird that sounded. “We're practically family and I didn't know if you found that weird, or others did and I also didn't want anything to go wrong. I didn't want to start something with you for it to finish badly and we have to face each other at every family event for the next one thousand years.” I explained to him in a rush. He just smiled at me.

“You like me?” he asked. I rolled my eyes.

“Do I have to say it again?”

“Yes,” he smiled.

“Yes I like you. A lot. You couldn't tell from that kiss?” I asked with a laugh.

“Then you should have been able to tell I like you too,” he said back his hand reaching out to run over my leg. It sent shivers down my spine. I rarely had this reaction to a man's presence. In fact I don't think I had at all to this intensity.

“Bash...” I mumbled watching his finger go up from my knee to my hip.

“Do you know what a mate feels like?” he asked

“What?” I asked completely thrown back.

“I don't think you need to worry about this ending badly,” he said, his eyes never breaking with mine

“Bash I don't think we're mates....” I said in shock.

“Are you sure?” he asked. I went to answer but I couldn't. No I wasn't sure, but why was he?

“You think we are?” I asked sceptically.

“I don't know how it works with you but I haven't thought about anything but you for the past two years. I try to channel my focus into martial arts because it's how I've dealt with staying away from you this long,” he answered. I sat there in silence for a moment.

Was it seriously possible that my mate was the brother of my sisters?

Had my one hundred year wait finally ended?

The heartbreak, the loses, the relationships with various people come to an end?

“Well I'm going to have to ask you to prove it,” I smiled at him. He just smiled as he leant in to kiss me.

This kiss was different to our first, our first had been alcohol and lust mixed together. This was something entirely different. This was love.

How had I gone years without him? How was he right there in my life but so far at the same time?

I didn't know if he was right. I didn't know if he was my mate but why would I risk not finding out?

His kiss was soft and lovable but I felt it break with a smile. Within an instant he was in the water below us and had pulled me in with him. I gasped and he laughed.

"What did you do that for?" I asked him.

"It was funny," he said as he splashed me.

"I didn't know you acted your age," I teased him as I splashed him back. He chuckled before disappearing under the water for a moment. He appeared a few feet away from me.

"Come on," he chuckled. I dived after him and we swam down the length of the lake to the beach area further down. He walked out the water ahead of me and I couldn't help but watch as his clothes clung to his body.

"You coming?" he asked. I nodded as I followed him out, my clothes doing the same. I tried to pull my t-shirt off my body but it snapped back into place.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as I caught up to him striding up the beach. We were on the other side of the lake to our house now and he was taking me through a familiar part of the forest. He just grinned at me and took my hand. We reached the next lake and I saw there was a boat waiting at the edge. He motioned for me to get in.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Get in," he smiled.

"Is this a date?" I asked. He shrugged but grinned at me, his smile suddenly didn't remind me of Christian. It reminded me of him. I climbed into the boat and he followed. As we made our way down the stunning lake, I lay back on my arms so I was lounging. Sebastian smiled down at me as he continued paddling until we were in the centre. He stopped and lay next to me.

"So beautiful," I said in awe. The silence around us was golden. No sound of city traffic, no pollution in the air, no people, just nature and beauty.

"I agree," he replied and I turned to see him looking at me not the surroundings. I giggled and leant into him.

"You're so cheesy," I laughed. His arm wrapped around me.

"I don't care. I just can't stop looking at you."

"you'd think you haven't seen me nearly every day for five years."

"There's a difference between seeing and wanting you to actually getting to hold you and kiss you when I want to," he said with so much devotion and love it momentarily shocked me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him in a whisper, I scanned his eyes for any sort of answer. "You've had girlfriends..." I waited for him to explain.

"I didn't think I stood a chance with you, I didn't think you'd even look at me for a moment. I'm so young, I'm your sisters brother in law. I just thought it was a one sided thing. I desperately tried to distract myself with martial arts and other girls but I couldn't help but compare every one of them to you. They deserved better than me, they deserved someone who wanted them for them, not as a distraction," he said with sadness. I leant forward and rested my forehead against his.

"Then we are both fools. I have loved and lost so many times. I simply couldn't love you to lose you."

"You won't. I promise," he said shaking his head. "I love you. I have since I knew what the feeling was. "

I smiled at his declaration and returned it with a kiss, causing the boat to rock and us to part laughing before it tipped. Sebastian sat back up and began rowing us again further down. By the time we reached the other side the sun had dried our clothes and we were able to walk through the small village and back up to our house.

"Do I get to plan your wedding?" Alle said, she was leaning against the front door, her arms crossed as we reached the house. I laughed at my best friend and Sebastian was smiling.

"Yes but give us a bit of time first okay?" I asked her. She just grinned at me and linked her arm with mine.

"I will leave you to your best friend," Sebastian said kissing my forehead and disappearing into the house. I watched him as he went out of my sight.

Alle was laughing at my side.

"Oh shut up," I mumbled.

"I'm jealous. My father wouldn't let me near anyone never mind someone I that could potentially be my mate," she sighed.

"Oh screw him," I said to her impulsively. Her eyes widened at me and I laughed. "My dad used to be like that give it time," I said calmer.

"You didn't burn alive right in front of your parents," she said suddenly extremely serious. I stopped and turned to her so I could see her face. My friendship with Alle was very light-hearted, after her resurrection she gravitated towards me because I was the only one who didn't look at her like she was broken and needed protecting. I didn't ask her constantly if she was okay, I didn't ask her to tell me what it was like. I pretended like it didn't happen and Alle liked that. We became best friends because we weren't serious together. As our friendship grew we did have the odd serious talk but it was rarely about how she had died, it tended to be about family, parents or love lives. As far as I was aware the only person she had truly spoken to about her death and her time 'gone' was her grandmother Esther. She told me she couldn't stomach talking to her mother or close family after her resurrection because she could see the pain on their faces every time she brought it up.

"You came back. That's what matters. They love you and missed you. We all did. When you died the whole family was heartbroken. I remember the day you died like it was yesterday. It shook our entire family. No one could even say your name without sending the room into depression. We all remembered that little girl so full of life and we all missed you. Just give your dad some time." I said softly to her. Her face was sad, water in the rims of her eyes but she held back the tears, blinking them back.

"I remember every second Avia. I remember feeling the fire on my skin. I remember screaming. I remember the pain like it was yesterday. Constantly, especially when I'm asleep or on my own. The only time I don't feel it is when I'm with people, when I'm with you or my brother, or my friends and family. Company keeps the pain away and the idea of living the rest of my extremely long life like that is daunting. I want to spend it with someone." Alle said painfully. Alle was an extremely good actress, she lived her life impulsively with sass and confidence that hid her inner demons. Inside she was tormented by that day when she was 6 months old and I often forgot about that seeing 'The Volturi Princess' so alive and happy most of the time.

"And you will Alle," I said to her squeezing her hands in mine. "I waited 100 years but one day you will find that person."

I had that said to me many times when I was younger. When I craved a husband and a family. When everyone around me was getting married and moving out and having children. My grandfather, my father, my sisters constantly reminded me 'one day'. And I thought that day would never come. I waited, just like my grandfather Edward, just like Esther, just like Rose and Carlisle. I waited patiently and I finally had him.

I knew my words felt like empty promises to Allesandra but I, and many before me were living proof that that one person was out there. You just had to have patience.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing some of their story and love

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly is Avia? What exactly is Alle? What are they both crossed with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avia is a Child of the Luna Bambini. Allesandra is a hybrid Luna Bambini. Avia is crossed with a vampire(Chloe) and a Luna Bambini(Eddie). Alle is crossed with a Child of the Luna Bambini (Lidiya) and a vampire/human hybrid (Matthew). Alle's kind are just basically like normal human/vampire hybrids and slightly less durable than Avia's in a normal situation, however Allesandra is different since her ressurection, she is unkillable and has moon pool magic constantly running through her, making her immortal and far more durable than anyone other than Esther.
      Hope this somewhat explains it for you. I know my world is super confusing to most.

      Delete